Thursday, April 16, 2009

What do YOU do on cold miserable days???

The Kids were so Bored on Wednesday!!
It was such a cold Miserable day
I HAD to find something to keep them
happy...and me from
going INSANE!!
So I put on a Pot of White Bean & Ham Soup...
(have i told you how much
I love My Crock Pot??)
Made up a batch of cookies.....
Chocolate Chip....my Fave!!!
AND...
Made my moms Bread!!
YUMMY!!!
THEN I put the kids to work!!!
Decorating Calendars....
and Making their own
"look & find" rice bags
SO EASY!!!
Just dig to the bottom of your
kids' toy bins and find those
loose odds and end toys
that they have LONG forgotten about....
And add them to a Ziplock bag.
write down all the toys and colors...
then fill the bag with 1 1/2 Cups
of rice.
Tape the ends shut and there you have it!!
LOOK & FIND rice bags!!
It was a big hit!!
We also made Salt dough!!
I made them mix in the color...
I know I'm mean lol...
Levi HATED to get his hands all red!!!
Can ya tell???
Zacky had NO problem with it....as you can see lol
I had them make something for me...
Just so i could post about it...
lol


****************************************************************



THE NEXT MORNING.........
I could NOT BELIEVE my eyes!!!!
All of these Branches!!!!
SO much SNOW!!!!
I wanted to cry!!
This is suposed to be
S.P.R.I.N.G
for heavens sake!!!!!
Ah well....
Guess mother Nature has different plans...
But i dont have to agree with them...
RIGHT?!?!?

4 comments:

LyndiLou said...

Ohhh... we had poor sad broken branches all over our yard and neighborhood too! :( Mother Nature was in a MOOD alright!!! I love the activities-for-the-blog! Whatever works to keep from getting cabin-fever! I'm never heard of the look and find bags but they're cute! And you're food looks tasty!!! :) Looks like you had a great day and that makes me happy for you!

Sorry I talk sooo much! Long comment... phew! ;)

Unknown said...

Your kids are so lucky to have a mom that makes such yummy food and does fun activities on crappy snow days. Looked like a lot of fun- and yummy bread. Poor tree though :(

Anonymous said...

A useful guide

Anonymous said...

Very amusing piece